Thursday, August 11, 2005

Internet exclusive: The many flavors of Nerds.

Before I get started, I want to confirm that I am in fact an adult. It's just that this information doesn't appear anywhere else on the internet, and I feel the responsible, adult thing to do is let people know all the facts.

I purchased a box of Rainbow Nerds candy, but as I and my coworkers consumed them, we found we couldn't agree on the flavors. We did the responsible thing and searched the internets, but without luck: the internet does not have a comprehensive catalogue of Nerds flavors. Frankly, I was astonished, but after I recovered, I did the responsible thing and contacted the authorities. Here is their response:
Thank you for contacting Nestlé. We welcome questions and comments from our consumers.

The flavors of Nerds are as follows:

Strawberry = Pink
Watermelon = Green
Grape = Purple
Cherry Lemonade = Dark yellow
Punch = White
Blueberry = Blue
Lemonade = Yellow
Peach = Orange
Wildberry = Teal
Apple/Watermelon = Red
Orange = Orange

We appreciate your interest in our products and hope you'll visit our website often for latest information on Nestlé products and promotions.
I believe this information is an internet exclusive, but I challenge you to prove me wrong. Otherwise, I'm proud to be improving the internet one fact at a time.
(Image courtesy "Westfield, Ma" via Flickr.)

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, August 12, 2005, Blogger Kendra K. said...

it's odd that the red is the double-dipped flavor, but the yellow isn't as yellow is the other double-dipped colour (for lemonade and cherry i think).

i think punch is my least favourite.

 
At 8:30 AM, August 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you buy custom mixes of nerds like you can with m&ms?

 
At 8:35 AM, August 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after seeing the flavors, i'm even more convinced that this is an exclusive. before i was only searching randomly so it wasn't that surprising that i couldn't find anything, but now i've searched with those flavors and colors and still haven't found anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home