Sunday, August 07, 2005

Messing with the look of the blog.

I've been messing around with the look of this blog. Beside the obvious color tweaking, I've added Technorati tags and my del.icio.us bookmark miniblog over on the right. As much as I'm willing to critique the look of other people's blogs, when it comes time to make my blog look good, I lose all gumtion.

Any comments on the look?

EDIT: I added an animated favicon that annoyed me the instant I put it up. And a sitemeter! I'm pulling out all the stops!

4 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Kendra K. said...

the favicon is a nice touch, though somewhat annoying. i should make one.

 
At 7:36 PM, August 08, 2005, Blogger IvyMike said...

For non-animated icons, try SnIco Edit from SnideSoft. It's especially nice if you like to get in there and tweak things pixel-by-pixel.

 
At 11:42 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger WhyWeType said...

First time at the site. Clicked through from la.foodblogging.com .

Wanted to say that I LOVE the moving icon, I noticed it immediately in my Firefox tab, wondered how it was done, and admired it.

Two cents from a stranger.

 
At 11:58 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger IvyMike said...

Thanks for the feedback, why we type. Firefox is flexible and accepts any image type as a favicon, including animated gifs. I used a trial of Ulead Gif Animator to make this particular gif, but anything that makes an animated gif should work.

The downside to using a non-standard image type is that IE users don't get any favicon, just the generic "e in front of a page" logo. I would point and laugh at their choice of browser, but the truth is I mostly feel sorry for them. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home