Friday, April 29, 2005

Rim Of The World 2004 photos


Pretending I'm a rally racer.
Originally uploaded by IvyMike.
To my disappointment, I'm going to be out of town next week during the Rim Of The World Rally. I went to the 2004 rally and took some not-very-good photos of one of the "Super Special Stages." I figured I might as well post those photos now.

It was the first rally I had ever been to, and I wasn't sure what to expect. You're allowed to walk around in the pit area, and I wish I had gotten some photos of the pit crews frantically working on broken-down cars. I also wish I had brought sunscreen.

The super special stages are exciting because even though everyone is racing against the clock, during a super-special stage two cars are running at once. But next time I'll be sure to attend one of the wilderness stages of the race, instead of just staying at the artificial track at the fairgrounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home