Saturday, April 16, 2005

Batch 7: Tupelo Honey Porter


Tupelo Honey Porter
Originally uploaded by IvyMike.
Another partial mash kit from Seven Bridges. I used this kit as an excuse to order some tupelo honey from L.L. Lanier & Sons. I added a pound and a half to the standard kit.

Calendar:
  • Brew Day 2/14/2005, OG 1.060 (7.6% ABV). That's right where the bare kit is supposed to be, prior to my addition of honey.
  • Moved to secondary 2/20/2005, 1.025 (3.4 ABV)
  • Bottled 3/13/2005, 1.025 (3.4 ABV). I'm suspicious.

Final alcohol content 4.2% ABV.

I'm a little suspicious of the final gravity, so the actual final gravity might have been a bit lower.

I tried a few of these late March, and really wasn't happy with the results; it was under-carbonated and a little sweet. But the one I tried a few days ago was much better. I can't tell if the honey made much difference, but I'm hoping in a month or so this will mature nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home