Sunday, June 03, 2007

Google van self-portraits.


The new street-level view feature on Google maps has everyone in the covered areas looking for photos of their car, their house, or even their cat. Boingboing's been talking about it all week ("The Great Google Street View Freakout of 2007: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7." ). I was most fascinated the high-resolution photos of the van.

That got me thinking: the van must have have taken photos of itself! "Google van" self-portraits, if you will. Here's the best one I could find so far, but it's a little obscured by a logo. There must be better Google van self-portraits out there: please post your finds in the comments!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Andrew said...

I had a little post about this myself - couldn't find any good reflections, but found shadows to suggest that there were at least two form factors for the camera/van.

 
At 8:52 PM, June 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ther are some good silhouettes all along the Twin Peaks area of San Francisco.

 
At 9:03 PM, June 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google Beetle self portrait?

 
At 7:42 PM, June 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew and anon. 6/05/07 are right; there were at least two types of vehicles taking these pictures, one of them being a VW New Beetle:

Jalopnik post, comment

 
At 12:46 AM, June 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for nice pictures, sometimes when I'm in the street, I hurry so much that don't pay attention on interesting street views

 
At 2:33 AM, June 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Van seems a center of the secret services. Thank you for the fotos.

 
At 2:04 AM, August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great idea to make pictures of vans! So many types of vans, I couldn't even imagine that they are so different. When I hear van, I just imagine white van. So, these pictures were really interesting for me.

 
At 2:24 AM, August 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I can't find many pictures of vans. It's a pity, but it seems like nobody takes a pictures of vans. Though sometimes I see many nice vans, but unfortunately I don't have camera always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home