Saturday, December 30, 2006

Being a good blogger

In the past few months, I've come to realize that 90% of doing something well comes from just giving a shit. I could elaborate, but really this is one of those common sense things that everybody will nod their head at, but doesn't sink in until maybe one day you just learn it for yourself.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm not a good blogger. I've got to figure out whether or not I actually care about this, or if I'm just wasting my time on something that feels like a chore rather than a passion.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might just be that you're working in a new job that is actually making you think and work hard again, and that's taken away the time you used to be able to devote to finging out new and exciting things that you wanted to share with everyone. It's your blog, have fun with it. Cut back on the frequency in order to maintain the quality, and don't feel guilty about it...or else find a way to get sponsored to be a full time blogger and go at it hard core.

 
At 12:45 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it would be a shame if you completely stopped; on the other hand, if what you are doing isn't fun, you should do something else. Maybe cutting down the frequency, to the point where you post stuff you find interesting but don't feel pressured to post more, would work.

 
At 1:19 PM, January 17, 2007, Blogger Berzinator said...

Time to start reading some philosophy books to get you through this existential crisis. I think maybe you need to find new topics on which to blog, since it appears the internets are no longer satisfying your soul. Besides, blogging is not all..."it is not meat, nor drink, nor slumber, nor a roof against the rain, nor yet a floating spar to men who sink and rise and sink and rise and sink again." Time to start a new journey, probably that involves actually going somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home