Thursday, August 31, 2006

Video Friday #7: "Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants

I was a nerd in high school in the late 80's. Of course I loved "They Might Be Giants".



My favorite TMBG song is "Ana Ng"--it's pure lyrical genius, at least to "nerdy high school Mike". (And let's be honest: is "present day Mike" all that different?)

But I've got to choose "Don't Let's Start" as my favorite video, simply because the giant rolling "William Allen White" heads look EXACTLY like my AP American History teacher, Mr. Ming.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger MelechRic said...

One of the best "Alternative" bands of the 80's and still going strong AFAIK.

I place "Make a Little Birdhouse in Your Soul" above "Don't Let's Start" but that's purely a personal preference a more based on lyrics than video.

 
At 5:50 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMBG has a children's CD out now. I seriously considered getting it for my kids, but I thought it might drive my wife nuts to listen to that nasally voice all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home