Sunday, March 19, 2006

Software that can suck it.

Ebay. "Enter your response here. No HTML, asterisks, or quotes." Just like Commander Data, Ebay can't handle contractions. I guess I'm just left to wonder exactly which software package had a security bug that made them disable quotes. (Don't tell me: There's a 99% chance it's MS Outlook.) I can't even say "Ebay's retarded" without getting my message rejected for having the apostrophe. And oh yeah, Ebay's interface sucks so many kinds of ass. Ebay, you can suck it.

Gmail. My dad gets a LOT of email regarding his work, and the result is his account is now full. There's no easy way to cope with the problem of having a full mailbox in Gmail. He can't find and delete the largest attachments: you can't find the size of ANY email, in fact. (Their position is: "You'll never need to delete another message.") The "XXXX MB of storage and growing" message has gone up about 1MB in the last week, so that's no help, either. I keep telling my dad, "I'm sure Google will roll out more storage on the April 1st anniversary of GMail" but I think he knows I'm lying. Gmail, you can suck it.

Thunderbird. Guess why my dad can't just use Gmail's POP connection to organize and store his email? That's right: Thunderbird crashes (or maybe just goes really slow) when it tries to manage that many messages. Thunderbird, you can suck it.

Firefox 1.5. Good job on adding the extra crashiness, guys. As far I can tell, the response in forums so far has been "some extensions may cause instability". Great...any idea WHICH extensions those are? I do have a few extensions, but they're all pretty mainstream. I keep filing talkbalk reports, and assume others are doing the same, but so far most reports of instability have been brushed aside. Maybe the talkback reports are going to a Gmail account that's using 2705 MB. Firefox, you can suck it.

Blogger. Who the hell wants their publish time for a message to be the time the first draft was ever saved? Answer: Some retard at Blogger, who, incidendtally, can suck it. (Bonus suck it: These words are not in Blogger's spell check dictionary: "Google", "Gmail", "Blogger".)

Tags: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Kendra K. said...

this post made me giggle a little. thems are the breaks, i suppose.

 
At 1:04 PM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hysterical rant, coming from you, G-ebis. So, all these sw tools you been leading me to for years now suck it? Great...Glad I stuck with my Yahoo mail at least.

 
At 1:08 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger IvyMike said...

After a concurrence of particularly bad software failures, I had to let the rage out somehow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home