"River IQ Game"A co-worker sent this "get the people across the river" puzzle to me a few days ago. (Embedded in a powerpoint presentation...Ugh!)
Start by reading the rules and hit the big round button--you're trying to get everyone across the river. If it happens that you can't read Japanese, I believe the rules are:
- You can't send the boat across empty, and it can hold one or two people.
- The boat can't be sent across with only children or only the criminal: a parent or the cop must be on the boat.
- The boys can't be on the same side as the mom unless the dad is also present.
- The girls can't be on the same side as the dad unless the mom is also present.
- The criminal can't be on the same side as anyone unless the cop is also present.
Looks like the puzzle originally came from "smallcampus.net"; maybe a Japanese speaker could help us out and let us know what that site's about?
Tags: flash games, puzzles