Monday, November 21, 2005

Maximum Overdrive

One of the best "bad" movies of the eighties was 1986's Maximum Overdrive, a movie written and directed by Stephen King. The plot: the Earth passes through the tail of a comet, which causes all machines to come alive and destroy humanity.

I joked about Maximum Overdrive coming true recently on Kendra's blog when she had her computer and her iPod die on the same day that my car's CD player died.

But then the alternator on my car died. I got that fixed, but a week later, the starter stopped working and started spewing smoke, leaving me without a vehicle all weekend. I had my friend Anthony drive me to work today, but soon after I got my car back, the battery on HIS car died.

As a scientist, I must draw the only logical conclusion: this planet just passed through the tail of a comet. Just to be safe, go check out the "How To Survive A Robot Uprising" site.

Tags: , , ,

UPDATE: Craig just told me his wireless router died. Don't say I didn't warn you! (Craig blames EMP bomb testing, though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home