Batch 5: Phat Tyre from Northern BrewerThis is another extract kit from Northern Brewer, this time a clone of Fat Tire Amber Ale.
- .5lbs Victory Malt
- .5lbs Briess Caramel 60
- 6lbs Munich Malt Syrup
- 1lb Extra Light DME
- 2 Cups Laaglander Light DME (My addition, for good luck, I guess.)
- 1oz Liberty Hops, 60 minutes
- .5oz Hallertau, 15 minutes
- 1tsp Irish Moss, 15 minutes
- .5oz Hallertau, 4 minutes
- Wyeast #1762 Belgian Abbey II
- Brew Day 1/15/2005, OG 1.056 (7.2% ABV). Kit advertised an OG of 1.052.
- Moved to secondary 1/22/2005, 1.014 (1.9% ABV)
- Bottled 2/6/2005, 1.012 (1.2% ABV)
Unfortunately, something may have gone wrong. I've only tried one of these so far, and it was a little weird. I'm hoping I just got a bad bottle, and I'll try another one this weekend.