Batch 4: Winter Warmer Plus!Batch 4: A Winter Warmer extract kit from Northern Brewer. I didn't want to end up with a low final gravity, so I added an extra 1.5 lbs of Laaglander Light DME to the brew; this probably wan't necessary, and I ended up with a FG more like a Barleywine. Live and learn.
This time I have brew notes.
- .75lbs Simpsons Crystal
- .25lbs Crisp Chocolate
- 9.9lbs Gold Malt Syrup
- 1.5lbs Laaglander Light DME (My addition)
- 1 oz Norther Brewer Hops, 60 minutes
- 1 oz Styrian Goldings, 30 minutes
- 1 tsp Irish Moss, 15 minutes
- 1oz Kent Goldings, 1 minute
- Wyeast #1728 smack-pak XL, no starter.
- Brew day 11/25/2004, OG 1.078 (about 10.2% ABV). The kit's advertised OG is 1.066.
- Moved to secondary 12/03/2004, 1.032 (about 4.0% ABV) I should have waited two weeks before moving, probably.
- Bottled 1/08/2005, FG 1.025 (3.2% ABV),