Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Unbounded Growth in my Netflix Queue

Netflix's FAQ has the following entry:

Q: Is there a limit on the number of movies I can have in my Queue?
A: You can add up to 500 movies and never be left without a movie to watch at home!

That seemed pretty funny when I first signed up--500 movies seemed absurd and unreachable. Now that I just passed 300 movies in my queue, I'm getting a little worried.

Every week, the movie industry churns out maybe two movies that are worth watching--less in the summer, but more during the run-up to the awards shows. Add to that the various HBO shows that I would like to see, and the classic "Great Movies" I'm trying to catch up on, and I'm adding movies faster than I can delete them.

I guess I need to raise my standards a bit, since I do have some pretty lame movies scheduled in the later part of the queue.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

300 movies?? WTF?

What's in your top ten?

 
At 11:59 AM, June 21, 2006, Blogger IvyMike said...

At home I've got:

- Lord of War
- Farscape Season 3, Ep 1&2
- Cinemania

In my queue, I've got:

- The Lion, The Witch, & the Wardrobe
- Profit, Season 1, Disc 1
- Comedian
- Rashoman
- He Love Me, He Loves Me Not
- The Big One
- Solaris (The Tarkovsky version)
- Sympathy for the Underdog
- Miracle
- Au Hasard Balthazar

I recently added all of the movies I hadn't seen on Jim Emerson's 102 Movies You Must See list, which bumped me up quite a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home