Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A question that no machine has been able to answer.

The other day, the "Gmail Sprite" posted a response to my whining about Gmail.

Who knows; with a quarter million processors reading and processing all of human knowledge, someday Google might become conscious. If it hasn't happened already--maybe the post by "Gmail Sprite" wasn't a joke!

That got me thinking about this article about Paul Ford's article on the semantic web, which includes the Googlebot comic I included in this post.

And that got me thinking of the classic super-short science fiction story "Answer" by Fredric Brown, which you should all go read now. GO!

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mock my omnipotence?! You must keep an eye out for cloudless skies now for the circuit is now complete...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home