Monday, February 20, 2006

My new car is my excuse for lax blogging


Grinning like a fool
Originally uploaded by IvyMike.
I've been a slacker with the blog recently, but as you can see, I've been preoccupied buying a new car. A 2006 Subaru WRX. "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up".

There was one problem with the car: it's manual transmission, and I don't know how to drive stick. My friend Craig was cool enought to give me an hour-long lesson in his car, and I read a web tutorial on driving manual transmission, but still...the ride home from the dealership, during the heart of rush hour, was a white-knuckle thrill-a-minute ride. When I finally pulled into the car port and got out of the car, I was so amped on adrenaline that my legs were trembling.

I drove around quite a bit this weekend, and I imagine myself to be getting better, slowly. Of course, on my last ride, I may have regressed a little bit: I had two ugly stalls in a parking lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home